Continuously selected as one of Fort Worth, Texas's “Top Doctors”
“Top Doctors” is an annual listing of healthcare providers in the Tarrant County area chosen by readership and Tarrant County medical society balloting.
We were also listed under “Guide to America’s Top Optometrists” by Consumer’s Research Council of America, Washington, D.C., 2004, 2005
Published article in Optometric Management Magazine, September 2007. “Hydrogen Peroxide Pride”, Chu, R.C
2006 Southlake location opens.
- Dr. Robert Chu featured in article for NEW O.D. Magazine
- Dr. Lena Chu, Chu Eye Associates featured in Optometric Management magazine VSP Spotlight (Optometric Management Magazine)
EYEWORKS Group selected to receive the only two Cartier Eyewear Concept Boutiques in North Texas.
- Named exclusive Zeiss Ophthalmic lens PARTNER lab in Fort Worth
- Prevent Blindness, Board of Directors
- Named Retrospecs & Co. vintage American eyewear exclusive dealer Tarrant county
- Chu Eye Associates featured in an article on Orthokeratology, a corneal reshaping technology that allows patients to achieve 20/20 vision without corrective lenses. (Fort Worth Magazine)
- Featured Practitioner, EyeMaginations, Inc. Patient Education Software. Baltimore, MD.
- Gold Key International Optometric Leadership Honor Society
- Alcon Pharmaceuticals Clinical Excellence Award,
- American Optometric Association Award for Outstanding Student Leadership,
- Dr. Nelson Reber EYE OPEN Professional Award
- Dr. Berger and Dr. Spitzberg “In Focus Service Award”
Meet the EYEWORKS staff
Hispanic Wellness Fair, Vision Screening for over 500 indigent patients
Images of the practice, staff, & optical
- Dr. Lena Chu named to Board of Directors, North Texas Eye Research Institute at University of North Texas Health Sciences Center at Fort Worth, Texas
- Electronmicroscopy Suite named in honor of Dr. Lena Chu and Robert Chu, Sr. at University of North Texas Health Sciences Center at Fort Worth, Texas
- ‘Seeds of Change Award’ honored by Nashville Shares
- Annually, the Nashville Shares organization honors individuals based on contributions to the greater Nashville community.
- ‘Commodore Award’ for Outstanding Student Leader (Pre-Professional/Honorary).
- As a student at Vanderbilt University, Dr. Robert was selected based on contributions to the greater university community. He was honored for his work as President of Skull & Bones Pre-Health Association for instilling the organization with volunteerism.
- American Red Cross Award for Outstanding Service
- The Red Cross in Nashville, Tennessee honors local individuals based on contributions to the efforts of the Red Cross.
- 1985 Chu Eye Associates founded by Dr. Lena Chu, O.D.
- Dr Lena Chu People to People – Dr. Irv Borish
- Dr. Lena Chu – A researcher for UHCO
- Dr. Augustat – Serving in the army
Research activities and faculty appointments
- Primary Eye Care Rotation site for 3rd year Family Practice Residents, John Peter Smith Hospital, Fort Worth, Tx.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Houston College of Optometry (previous position)
- Principal Clinical Investigator for Ciba Vision, Atlanta, GA.
- Beta Software Developer, EyeMaginations, Inc. Patient Education Software. Baltimore, MD.
- Principal Investigator “AMO Complete Contact Lens Solution Re-Launch)
- This study compares increased patient satisfaction of AMO’s reformulated Complete Contact Lens Solution versus baseline solution.
- Principal Investigator (Site 012), “FR, DW benchmarking in the US & Germany”
- This trial attempts to compare clinical and subjective performance among habituated, daily wearer of Acuvue 2 to CIBA Vision contact lenses.
- Investigator “Focus Night & Day Post Approval Evaluation”
- This post approval study attempts to evaluate clinical performance of Ciba Night & Day contact lens for 30 day extended wear.
- National Eye Institute (NEI) UHCO Pilot Research Grant Recipient
- National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD.
- National Eye Institute (NEI) UHCO Training Research Grant Recipient
- Studied morphology of cells in regenerating salamander retina mentored by David M. Sherry, Ph.D. Poster is pending submission to Association of Researchers in Vision and Ophthalmology. National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD.
- University of Houston College of Optometry, Research Fellow
- Basic Research and Initiatives in Neuroscience (BRAIN) Fellowship. Studied morphology of cells in regenerating salamander retina mentored by David M. Sherry, Ph.D.
- Vanderbilt University Vision Research Center, Research Associate
- Studied neural plasticity and retinal regeneration in goldfish mentored by Maureen K. Powers, Ph.D, Director of Vanderbilt Vision Research Center.
SCIENTIFIC POSTERS, PUBLICATIONS, AND PRESENTATIONS
- Chu, R.C.: Hydrogen Peroxide Pride (article): Optometric Management Magazine (September 2007)
- Chu, R.C.: Fort Worth Magazine (article) Orthokeratology (January 2003)
- Chu, R.C.: Managing Your Time (article): NEW O.D. supplement to Optometric Management magazine (Fall 2003)
- Chu, R.C. and Sherry, D.M. (2000): A Morphological Study of Regenerating Retinal Photoreceptor Cells. Presented at National Eye Institute Training Grant Poster Presentation Session, University of Houston College of Optometry, Houston, Texas.
- “The Road to Optometry”, presented at the University of Houston College of Optometry, Optometry Day. Sponsored by Advanced Medical Optics, inc. (AMO), 2004
- “Vision Through the Ages”, presented to the North Fort Worth Women’s Society 2004
- “Vision Through the Ages”, presented to the Greater Fort Worth, TX Founders Lion’s Club 2003
- “The Road to Optometry”, presented at the University of Houston College of Optometry, Optometry Day. 2003
- “Ulcerative Bacterial Keratitis”, presented at the University of Houston College of Optometry Clinical Grand Rounds. 2002
- “Dilated Ocular Fundus Examination”, presented at Brooke Army Medical Center to Physician’s Assistant Class. 2002
- Orthokeratology Association of America
- Paragon CRT certification received
- Synergeyes Certification recieved
- Polymer Technologies certification received
- Texas Optometric Association
- Tarrant County Optometric Society
- American Optometric Association
PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE
- Dr. Robert Chu named to the Board of Directors of the Texas Optometric Association (TOA)
- TOA is the representative organization for all Texas Optometrists. Dr. Chu is the youngest ever member of the TOA Board of Directors. TOA’s decisions and efforts impact all Texas Doctors of Optometry.
- Dr. Robert Chu elected president of Tarrant County Optometric Society (TCOS)
- TCOS is the representative organization for the 500 Doctors of Optometry practicing in the Tarrant County and surrounding areas (Fort Worth, Grapevine, Arlington).
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT & CHARITY
- Fort Worth Country Day School, Fort Worth, TX
- Alumni Council
- Church Activities
- Prevent Blindness Board of Directors
- Hispanic Wellness Fair Vision Screening
- Volunteer Optometrists for Health Services, Mission trip to Honduras